CIEH Certificate in Principlesand Practice of Manual Handling
Duration: 1 day including multiple-choice exam and practical assessment
This course is designed for all employees who handle materials, boxes, mail and packages, including both industrial and office workers.
This qualification will benefit anyone who has to carry out any manual handling activities at work by introducing them to the hazards, risks and controls that are available to prevent injury.
This qualification complements the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace.
The holder of the CIEH level 2 Award in Manual Handling- Principles and Practice. will be able to understand:
- That manual handling operations can be hazardous to health.
- how manual handling operations can cause injury and harm.
- the scope of legal requirements with regard to manual handling operations in the workplace.
- the process for assessing risks from manual handling and the factors that need to be considered in a manual handling risk assessment.
- the mechanics of movement.
- how to assess, plan, prepare and conduct manual handling operations.
The Course Covers
- Introduction to the principles of manual handling
- Manual handling hazards
- Legislation and guidance
- Manual handling risk assessment and controls
- Manual Handling techniques
Where we deliver courses
Please discuss your requirements with Steve on 07967 104042 or complete the form on the Contact Us page. We will ensure we offer you the flexibility that you require.
“I just wanted to thank you for the coaching - our sessions really helped me cope with my situation and be positive in my search for another job.”
Monitoring Manager - Environmental & Emissions Organisation
“I contacted Steve Naldrett from Ardan training after some initial internet research to source a suitable trainer and company to deliver courses in Food Hygiene. I found Steve to be a great professional and exactly the type of trainer I was searching for. All courses ran efficiently and smoothly with flexibility when required. Evaluation results were also extremely positive with all enjoying and benefiting from the training, as well as receiving a recognised qualification.”
Goodwin Development Trust
“Well presented. Maintained interest throughout and was fun! Thanks.”
Park Inns York