CIEH Certificate in Principlesand Practice of Manual Handling
Duration: 1 day including multiple-choice exam and practical assessment
This course is designed for all employees who handle materials, boxes, mail and packages, including both industrial and office workers.
This qualification will benefit anyone who has to carry out any manual handling activities at work by introducing them to the hazards, risks and controls that are available to prevent injury.
This qualification complements the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace.
The holder of the CIEH level 2 Award in Manual Handling- Principles and Practice. will be able to understand:
- That manual handling operations can be hazardous to health.
- how manual handling operations can cause injury and harm.
- the scope of legal requirements with regard to manual handling operations in the workplace.
- the process for assessing risks from manual handling and the factors that need to be considered in a manual handling risk assessment.
- the mechanics of movement.
- how to assess, plan, prepare and conduct manual handling operations.
The Course Covers
- Introduction to the principles of manual handling
- Manual handling hazards
- Legislation and guidance
- Manual handling risk assessment and controls
- Manual Handling techniques
Where we deliver courses
Please discuss your requirements with Steve on 07967 104042 or complete the form on the Contact Us page. We will ensure we offer you the flexibility that you require.
“I have worked with ARDAN for over 2 years. They are excellent at identifying peoples development needs and translating them into robust training solutions. ARDAN work as true business partners always delivering on time and within budget.”
Telecomms Sales & Marketing Director
“The course was enjoyable and the tutor made the course interesting. We all had a good laugh but completed the course.”
Delegate - Working Links
“Just a little feedback from the training course yesterday Couldn't fault it. Very useful. Gave me some more useful practice experience. New approach. Good sharing of planning information and techniques. Already being beneficial as I am applying what I have learnt to the inductions etc Very good trainer. Refreshing approach.with dispelling of the myths surrounding presentation delivery. ”