Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety
Duration: 5 days plus ½ day exam
The Level 4 Awards in Managing Food Safety in Catering and Manufacturing are principally for senior staff and managers of food handlers within the catering, hospitality and manufacturing sectors. It is strongly recommended that the candidates have a formal level 3 qualification such as the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety.
This qualification equips senior staff with a sound understanding of their responsibilities in managing the operational requirements of the food business and how to establish, monitor and maintain appropriate food safety management procedures. Holders of this qualification in association with the relevant training qualification are able to teach Level 2 and 3 awards in Food Safety.
In addition, however, this qualification recognises the key responsibilities of managers in relation to evaluation of the system, communicating food safety procedures to staff, defining training requirements and setting the food safety culture of the business.
The holder of the Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety will be able to ensure:
- Compliance with food safety legislation
- That they manage operational aspects of the business in relation to food safety
- That they establish and evaluate food safety management procedures, including those based on HACCP principles
- They create appropriate monitoring and recording procedures
- That they establish effective corrective action plans
- They allocate responsibilities in food safety matters Introducing effective staff training and communication policies
The Course Covers
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedure
- Contributing to the safety training of others
- The costs of food poisoning
- Bacterial, non-bacterial food poisoning & food borne infections
- Hazard analysis & HACCP
- Personal hygiene
- Food preservation
- Design and construction of food premises & equipment
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- Pest control
Price on Application.
Where we deliver courses
We provide food hygiene training courses in-house to organisations throughout Humberside, Yorkshire, and further afield. Delegates get a lot from our courses while finding them enjoyable and we are often in demand to travel further afield so please do contact us with your exact requirements and we’ll be happy to help.
Please discuss your requirements with Steve on 07967 104042 or complete the form on the Contact Us page. We will ensure we offer you the flexibility that you require.
“I contacted Steve Naldrett from Ardan training after some initial internet research to source a suitable trainer and company to deliver courses in Food Hygiene. I found Steve to be a great professional and exactly the type of trainer I was searching for. All courses ran efficiently and smoothly with flexibility when required. Evaluation results were also extremely positive with all enjoying and benefiting from the training, as well as receiving a recognised qualification.”
Goodwin Development Trust
“Really good trainer, made the day fun and enjoyable.”
Raddison Blu Leeds