Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety Courses
Duration: 3 days including exam
This qualification is designed for those who are or intend to become managers and supervisors in the catering, retail, manufacturing and hospitality industries. This qualification equips managers and supervisors with a sound understanding of their role in implementing food safety procedures at all stages of food preparation and handling.
Whilst the content of the qualification focuses strongly on the day-to-day role of the manager and supervisor in implementing effective food safety management procedures, it also covers the supervising of food handlers in food safety matters and ensuring that relevant monitoring and recording activities are carried out. It is strongly recommended that the candidates have formal level 2 qualifications such as a CIEH level 2 Award in Food Safety.
The holder of the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety will have:
- A good knowledge of the relevant food safety legislation requirements and be able to apply and monitor good hygiene practices.
- An understanding of their role in the implementation of food safety management procedures, the identification of food safety hazards and the need to contribute to improving food safety procedures.
- A good understanding of the importance of effective communication and staff training
The Course Covers
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedure
- Contributing to the safety training of others
- The costs of food poisoning
- Bacterial, non-bacterial food poisoning & food borne infections
- Hazard analysis & HACCP
- Personal hygiene
- Food preservation
- Design and construction of food premises & equipment
Where we deliver courses
We provide food hygiene training courses in-house to organisations throughout Humberside, Yorkshire, and further afield. Delegates get a lot from our courses while finding them enjoyable and we are often in demand to travel further afield so please do contact us with your exact requirements and we’ll be happy to help.
Please discuss your requirements with Steve on 07967 104042 or complete the form on the Contact Us page. We will ensure we offer you the flexibility that you require.
“I contacted Steve Naldrett from Ardan training after some initial internet research to source a suitable trainer and company to deliver courses in Food Hygiene. I found Steve to be a great professional and exactly the type of trainer I was searching for. All courses ran efficiently and smoothly with flexibility when required. Evaluation results were also extremely positive with all enjoying and benefiting from the training, as well as receiving a recognised qualification.”
Goodwin Development Trust
“Really good trainer, made the day fun and enjoyable.”
Raddison Blu Leeds